We’ve created this privacy statement to express our firm and ongoing commitment to the privacy of personal information submitted by visitors and users. We hold the privacy of your private information in the highest regard. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Website.
We understand how important it is to preserve your privacy. This policy is designed to help you understand how we collect, use, and safeguard the personal information you submit to us and help you make informed decisions while using our site. This policy will be evaluated regularly in light of new technology, business practices, and the demands of our customers.
What Kinds of Info Do We Gather?
When you visit this Website, you may give us two categories of information: personal information that you intentionally choose to share and gather individually. Web sites use information collected in aggregate when you and others browse our site.
We value your privacy and are committed to protecting it while using our Website. The practices for gathering and disseminating information on this Website are detailed below.
TheGamer (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Valnet inc. (“us” or “we”), a corporation incorporated under the laws of Canada, having its head office at 7405 Transcanada Highway, Suite 100, Saint Laurent, Quebec H4T 1Z2.
Personal Data Collected
We collect certain information about your device when you visit our Website, such as your IP address, which pages you visit on our Website, whether you were referred to our Website by another website, and when you accessed our Website. Without your explicit consent, we will not collect any data.
We do not collect other types of personal information. If you are accessing our Website through a social media account, please review the privacy policies of the social media provider for information on data collection.
We use log files, just like most other Web servers. This includes IP addresses, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and several clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
A cookie is a piece of data saved on the user’s computer and linked to personal information. On our Website, These cookies keep track of how the site is used for security, analytics, and targeted advertising.
We use the following type of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential to the provision of our Website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to remember your choices on our Website, remember your preferences, and personalize your experience.
- Analytics and performance cookies: These cookies allow us to collect statistical and analytical data to understand better how people use our Website.
- Social media cookies: These cookies allow you to interact with content on certain social media platforms, such as “liking” our articles. Depending on your social media setting, the social media network will record this and may display your name or identifier in relation to this action.
- Advertising and targeted advertising cookies: These cookies track your browsing habits and location to provide you with advertising in line with your interests. Please see our “advertisers” section below for details.
We use pixel tags, which are small graphic files that let us and our trusted third-party partners track and gather information about your Website visits, such as the number of pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, and what you click on next, and other information.
When you visit our Website, we serve ads through third-party advertising businesses. These firms may use information about your visits to this and other Web sites (but not your name, address, email address, or telephone number) to serve you ads for goods and services that you might be interested in.
We’ve gone over all of our advertising partners’ policies to comply with all applicable data privacy laws and best practices.
We use the following advertisers:
- Google Ad Exchange: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Google Adsense: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Index Exchange: http://www.indexexchange.com/privacy/
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/display.html/?ie=UTF8&nodeId=918814
Purpose of Data Collection
- We use the information we collect to:
- Administer our Website, including troubleshooting and statistical or data analysis;
- To enhance the user experience on our Website by ensuring that you have access to personalized content based on your preferences;
- Analyze user use and improve our services.
- To ensure that our Website remains safe and is not hacked or used fraudulently.
- To provide customized advertising and social media services, we share information with our partners.
- Data Disseminated to Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone else. However, as stated herein, our partners, including ad partners, may collect your website usage data. All such information will be collected only after your explicit consent. For more information, please see our “advertisers” section above.
How Your Data is Stored
All information gathered via our Website is stored on servers in the United States. The EU-US Privacy Shield has validated our servers.
All visitors’ IP addresses and user-agent strings are recorded in rotating log files on Amazon servers for 7 days. Our workers, agents, and partners are committed to keeping your information private.
We’ve gone over our partners’ privacy policies to ensure they’re on the same page as us when it comes to protecting your data.
Our servers comply with ISO 27018, a code of practice that focuses on personal data security in the cloud. To maintain the security of your data, we take all necessary precautions.
We will take all reasonable efforts to protect your data and notify you as required by all applicable laws if we become aware of any data security breach, alteration, unauthorized access, or disclosure of any personal data.
Despite our best efforts to protect user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on any of our sites.
Notification of Changes